Comment on page
Swingby node installation guide
How to setup your own Swingby node using our telegram BOT
The Skybridge Metanode can be deployed on any reliable cloud service provider. We recommend Amazon AWS, Scaleway, Digital Ocean, Hetzner, or GCP.
Once your Metanode has been fully deployed, some secrets will be generated
- An ed25519 node keypair to join the S/Kademia P2P network established by the other existing nodes.
- 2 safe primes and Paillier secret for joining the TSS protocol and ZKPs
Ed25519 key pair will be used for identification between peer communication and validating the process of each "Staking" amount on the right timelock staking transactions on the ETH chain.
The Skybridge node can be installed in the following ways:
Swingby node relies on the Ethereum and Bitcoin states to form a consensus and perform swaps. For this reason, your instance has to have multiple blockchain-specific processes running in parallel on the same instance. (Total 4 docker containers):
- An Ethereum full node
- Blockbook for Geth(v0.4.0)
- A Blockbook Indexer for Geth
- A Bitcoin full node
- Blockbook for Bitcoind(v0.4.0)
- A Blockbook indexer for Bitcoin
1.3 The node-installer-bot
The Swingby installer bot is an assistant bot for installing Swingby nodes. The node setup process and checking the status of a node can all be done through its bot command.
The node-installer bot accesses the server via the ssh key. You need to prepare a local machine based on Linux or MAC OS X as an initial installation. (See below)
After installing the bot on the server, the bot will be moved to the server itself and will continue to connect ssh and the bot chat group
Local machine (MAC OSX or Linux),
TG_BOT ----------------- SSH ----------> Server
|---------- TG_BOT (in Server)
Due to the resource-heavy dependencies needed by the Swingby node, we recommend that you use an instance with equal or greater specs than below. If your node does not have enough resources available then it will not be able to stay in sync with the rest of the Swingby node in the network and will be dropped.
[Local Machine] (Required to install your node-installer telegram BOT)
- MacbookPro or Linux (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS is recommended)
- 4 CPUs (Dedicated)
- 16G RAM
- 1.5TB Storage (SSD) for BTC-ETH bridge, 1.6 TB storage (SSD) for BTC-BSC bridge
- 500Mbps+ Uplink
- A static IP address that is binding on your Server NIC
- SWINGBY-ERC20 tokens (held in a cold wallet) staked for a minimum of 30 days with a total quantity that must be above 175,000 SWINGBY tokens.
The Staking transaction must have an "ed25519 pub key(called Node P2PKey)" description tag to verify that your node is staking and validated on the current network. Example: fdb87518cfcf762f4a43596c0fd9d28858f68e73e30cf7414fb2a3d9e8fb346c
The Swingby node requires to use high I/O rate disk and enough spaces. all mounting path is under
After completing the bot setup procedure, the bot will automatically build some directories under /var/swingby and start downloading the required snapshots.
The Swingby node has an Nginx container which is for supports to use of HTTPS for your node endpoint. to enable a DNS subdomain with an alias to your server, basically, you have to add an 'A' record to your DNS record.
Example:: test1.swingby.network A 188.8.131.52 60
- /setup_domain (This command is for setup your domain on your BOT chat)
- /enable_domain (This command is for deploying Nginx with your DNS configure on your BOT chat)