Comment on page
Node on Hetzner server
A guide for installing your Swingby node on Hetzner dedicated servers.
- 3.Install your telegram BOT to your AX-61-NVMe server.
Why did we choose the Hetzner server? The Hetzner Cloud is one of the most cost-effective servers for running swingby nodes in your local infrastructure package. I have a root user who has RSA key authentication as a bootstrap. Disk mounts are basically mounted at / (root). Basically, telegram BOT uses root to connect to the server, so this choice is much easier than other cloud services.
$ git clone https://github.com/SwingbyProtocol/node-installer && cd node-installer
$ ssh-keygen -t rsa -b 4096 -f ./data/ssh_key
Generating public/private rsa key pair.
Enter passphrase (empty for no passphrase): <- (should be empty)
There are 2 files generated on your local machine.
- ./data/ssh_key <- (this is an SSH Private key, it should be backed up)
- ./data/ssh_key.pub <- (this is an SSH Pubkey for access to your server)
Also, you have to grant permissions with this command.
$ chmod 600 ./data/ssh_key
AX-61 NVMe has a 1.92TB disk (RAID1), The Swingby node requires 1.3TB for the BTC-ETH bridge, 1.4TB for the BTC-BSC bridge (full installation using your local_infura ) local_infura means your node will be connected to self-hosting Geth (BSC) and 2 block-books containers, therefore, your server has to total of 6 containers running. (Bitcoind, geth/BSC, block-book-BTC, block-book-eth/BSC, swingby node)
- You can put ./data/ssh_key.pub file texts into the server setup interface.
- you have to make a new directory
$ ssh -i ./data/ssh_key root@<YOUR_SERVER_IP> "mkdir /var/swingby"
$ export BOT_TOKEN=1716737416:ACEoPHFFlCAGiD2xGQl3Zk_wCoOD9P3Igk0
Example of Docker for MAC OSX
$ chmod +x scripts/install.sh && scripts/install.sh
- Hetzner cloud always uses root to log in via SSH session. then, your can going forward with type 'none'
- This command will start the process of moving out your telegram BOT to your server
Finally, you are ready to install on the Swingby node!!
- you can set up your node with the telegram chat command /setup_node
You have to obtain node P2PKey to stake your ERC20 SWINGBY (you can get the latest p2pkey with /show_p2pkey command after setup your node
it will be used on this:
- you can set up your local_infura with the telegram chat command /deploy_infura
- it will take 1-2 days to be synced up your all local_infura.
- After you have installed local_infura, you can check the current status with /check_status
- with 100% synced. you are able to deploy your node with /deploy_node