Phase 2: Proposal Refinement & Temperature Check
At this stage, you should ideally have some community interest in the Discord governance channels from Phase 1: Informal Discussion.
It is time to formalize your proposal with a Proposal Draft & discuss the details with the community. We will be using
- Github Issues in the SWIPs Repository to record your Proposal Drafts, Final Proposals & Temperature Check
- Discord governance thread to discuss and seek feedback from community
- 1.Do not skip Phase 1 - start a Discord discussion before creating a SWIP
- 2.Be constructive
- 3.Be clear (use data, charts & images)
Sample of a Proposal Draft Github Issue
Sample of Proposal Draft discussion on Discord
After discussing & seeking feedback from the community for 48 hours, you should refine your Proposal Draft into a Final Proposal. Add a comment in your Github issue with the changes. See sample Final Proposal here: https://github.com/SwingbyProtocol/swips/issues/10#issuecomment-1016346428
Sample of Final Proposal Github Issue
In this step,
- 1.Paste the Final Proposal link in Discord with the following message:
After 48 hours of discussion, this is the Final Proposal for SWIP-n: Github link. For the next 48 hours, we will be doing a temperature check. Please react withor👍👎
if you are FOR or AGAINST this proposal respectively.
- 2.React to your post withAND👍👎
Sample of Discord emoji polling for temperature check
The Discord poll should have a 60%
approval. If this is achieved,
- 1.Post a comment in the Github Issue & on Discord with the following format
From DD:MM:HH to DD:MM:HH, a Discord poll was conducted for the Final Proposal. Out of <> Members, <> voted for and <> voted against the Proposal. With the above, the Proposal has passed/failed and will/ will not go for Snapshot voting.
- 3.Proceed to Phase 3: Signal Voting. This means that the direction and details of the proposal is generally sound and ready for the community to signal-vote.
Sample of Temperature check results on Github Issues
Sample of Temperature check results on Discord
If you did not receive a 60% approval, you can refine your proposal and start from Phase 2's Step 1 again.